It’s time for the JerseyConnect update for Spring 2017. We’re going to start sending semi-annual updates to keep customers up-to-date with new services, changes to the program, and other important news that affects your library.
New HelpDesk system launch
JerseyConnect is launching a new HelpDesk system for all customers on April 19th.
The new system has a modern, streamlined interface that we hope will be much easier for customers to use. Here are some highlights of the new system:
- The HelpDesk URL is not changing – You’ll still be able to log into the helpdesk by visiting https://helpdesk.jerseyconnect.net/
- Cases can be shared with consultants or other library staff, or be private – When opening a ticket, you can choose to share that ticket with other staff at your library, or to keep it private. Keep your entire technical team informed on the status of your case.
- Open and respond to cases by email – You’ll be able to open and respond to cases just by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To prepare for this launch, the JerseyConnect HelpDesk system will be unavailable on Tuesday, April 18th, from 7PM – 9 PM EDT. If you need support during that window, please contact us at our toll-free support number, 866-468-7043.
E-Rate filing support for Managed Wi-Fi
Just a reminder that our contract with E-Rate Central to provide application support for Managed Wi-Fi hardware will end this fiscal year. This is the last year that we will subsidize E-Rate filing for Wi-Fi through E-Rate Central on behalf of interested libraries. Libraries that have not participated in the last two years can still do so on their own or by contracting with E-Rate Central or another consultant of their choosing.
Don’t worry, we will continue to cover E-Rate filing costs for EVPL connections to the JerseyConnect network! We may cover the cost of Wi-Fi filing again in the future if demand picks back up, so we’re counting on you to let us know if your library counts on this service.
Reminder about secure access to JerseyConnect Services
We want to close with a reminder that all JerseyConnect services are available over secure HTTPS connections. We’ve had a lot of questions recently about how to access JerseyConnect services securely. Below is a list of all the HTTPS URLs available for JerseyConnect services. If you see a URL for a service that your library doesn’t currently use but may be helpful, don’t hesitate to give us a call or email us for more information.
- HelpDesk: https://helpdesk.jerseyconnect.net/
- Web hosting: https://cpanel.jerseyconnect.net:2083/
- Web statistics: https://webstats.jerseyconnect.net/
- Email: https://webmail.jerseyconnect.net/
- Email spam and virus filtering: https://njstatelib.redcondor.net/console/
- Bandwidth reporting: https://monitor.jerseyconnect.net/
- Disaster recovery storage: https://storage.jerseyconnect.net/
- Managed Wi-Fi: https://account.meraki.com/secure/login/dashboard_login
If you have questions about this update or would like more information about JerseyConnect or any of its services, please reach out to us at 866-468-7043 or email@example.com.